As a small business, there are no differences between our business lives and our personal lives. So, I’ll shift to writing in the first person and any repetition in the sections below is completely intentional.
The short version:
I’m low drama and easy to work with. I keep my business to myself and all your information is secured and kept confidential. I stand behind my items forever and would rather lose money than my reputation. I love learning and teaching, and will share my knowledge with anyone who asks. I treat all my clients like friends and if you are happy then I’m happy.
Here is how we conduct business:
- My reputation is my most precious asset. Trust, integrity and respect are the cornerstones of my personal and professional life.
- I forever guarantee the authenticity of my items. If there is ever a problem or even a question, I’ll make it right. Provenance and chain of custody are critical to science and building a collection that will hold its value. I work diligently to get that information for you.
- I’m low drama and keep my and our business private. My client’s satisfaction and happiness is my reward. I do not need to brag or post everything that happens in life on Facebook. However, please forgive me if I excitedly share a new addition to my collection.
- I conduct my business as if we are creating a relationship, not conducting a transaction.
- Quality service and professional conduct are paramount to me. I will help you in any way I can. Even if it is to encourage you to buy a specimen from another dealer. It’s a big world with plenty of opportunity for everyone.
- Education is key to enjoying meteorites and tektites. I strive to educate myself at every opportunity and am happy to share my knowledge with you.
- I believe in supporting science and the institutions that promote meteorite knowledge. I also believe in furthering the interests of collector organizations around the world, especially those that support outreach to our local communities. I served as an IMCA Board member from October 2014 to December 2020 (the last year as Vice President). I am also a member of The Meteoritical Society since August 2012, and presently serving on the MetSoc Membership Committee since March 2018. Finally, I also launched a new nonprofit organization on January 15, 2021 called the Global Meteorite Association, Inc. and am the founder and president.
- I value your time. I strive to respond to email inquiries and questions in a timely manner during normal business hours. If you do not hear back from me, ask again.
- I value my time. Many of the specimens listed on this website, especially rare ones, required a significant time investment to research, locate, acquire, prepare, curate and/or photograph. Though I will gladly work with you on price when possible, I will not compete with someone dumping material on the market. I work for myself as a business consultant and as a meteorite dealer – that is how I support myself and my family. I focus on providing great value and outstanding service.
- Business is business, and friendship is friendship. You will never hurt my feelings if you decide to buy from a different dealer or you choose not to purchase a specimen from me. I realize this is a strange thing to say for a website, but our community often relies on phone calls to finalize deals. If you need to call me to get more details on a specimen, arrange for different shipping or payment terms, please pick up the phone and let’s chat. As most of you know, I am also available through FB messenger, Skype, WhatsApp and texting.
SkyFall Meteorites has three principal missions:
- Increase public awareness and expand our community by making meteorite-related specimens and knowledge accessible to the broadest audience possible.
- Including someone wanting to buy their first specimen, to the advanced collector indulging their lifelong passion.
- Including young students fascinated with space and science, to the more knowledgeable adults delving deeper into the subject.
- Focus on providing the highest level of service and on building long-term trusted relationships with our clients and visitors.
- On request, we will gladly advise clients how to build their collections based on their preferences and budget. Our advice is direct, honest and unbiased. For our long-term clients, we often provide advice even on purchases from other sources.
- If a specimen is not found on our website, contact us. We either have it in inventory or we can leverage our network of trusted hunters, dealers and collectors to find it for you.
- We provide a broad range of services to help our clients though the arc of their collection from their first acquisition to the eventual sale or donation of their collections.
- Spread knowledge and encourage interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) in the most inclusive way possible by fostering a passion for all things meteorite related.
- Make meteorite-related knowledge easily accessible to all visitors regardless of age or educational level.
- Promote a greater appreciation for scientific study, the scientific method, and a rational and respectful debate of science related topics.
- Provide encouragement to students considering a STEM career. The world needs more scientists, and we will do out part to make that happen.
- Integrity, respect, honesty are the cornerstones of my reputation. I will treat you with respect, be responsive, honest and fair, and always act with integrity. That is how I treat my family and my friends, and that is how I will treat you.
- I guarantee the authenticity of all my items, forever. For me authenticity extends beyond the normal industry definition, therefore, I will go one step further by stating I will describe specimens as accurately as possible – no overselling, no hype and let the material speak for itself. Please visit our Lifetime Authenticity page.
- Your privacy and protecting your information are my top priority. I’ve been the victim of fraud, had to deal with spam emails and calls, and some of you have suffered far worse due to data breaches or unscrupulous vendors. I’ve invested in protecting the website, and your personal and financial information.
- Privacy goes beyond just my website. Your privacy extends to all my activities. Unless I have your express permission to do so, your information and our business dealings will always be kept private. All transactions, emails and conversations are strictly confidential. Clients wishing to publicize their purchases may of course do so at their discretion, but we will leave that up to you.
- I am committed to ensuring my client’s satisfaction, and making collecting enjoyable.
- I have always been an enthusiastic student and view it as my (fun) obligation to constantly increase and improve my meteorite-related knowledge. I will strive to share that knowledge with all website visitors and clients alike in order to create better private curators and custodians of these fascinating “rocks from space.”